I provide working drawings for homes, or provide any or all of the phases below. The amount of detail and scope work can be determined to suit the owners’ needs. Typical architectural phases include:
Schematic Design (SD’s)
Code and zoning research, design sketches showing conceptual solutions for house footprint on lot, room layout plan, frame design, elevations and sections. Renderings and models, if required.
Design Development (DD’s)
The approved design is developed into an architectural set used for preliminary pricing from the contractor, and bid pricing from the timber frame and SIP suppliers. Various construction systems are located, and shop drawings can often be drawn from these drawings. This is also sufficient for appraisal purposes.
Construction Observation (CA)
Site observations, recommendations, phone consultations, review of the shop drawings throughout the construction perios.
Structural and other engineering is coordinated by MTD under a separate contract between the owner and the engineer. The engineer can be recommended by the owner or provided by Mountain Timber Desig.
I consult for projects of any size and will travel if required. Typical consulting projects follow:
- Site evaluation and schematic design.
- Evaluation of budget realities vs. your needs and desires.
- Topics related to design and construction of structures on easy to difficult site conditions.
- Evaluation of timber frame and SIP suppliers to determine those suitable for your project.
- Evaluation of utilities, code, and zoning.
- Additions and Remodels.
- Prefabricated construction, conventional construction, hybrid construction.
- Foundation system recommendations for timberframe and SIP construction.